Why hospice care is a good choice for Veterans
Meeting spiritual and physical needs of veterans at the very end of their journey.
Moments Hospice is proud to be a part of ‘’We honor Vets’’ program. Lots of recent studies have shown that lots of veterans decide to take hospice care at the end of their life journey. Veterans have recognized their chance to get high-quality medical care and to do something good for their own spiritual being, their very soul. We know that being a Veteran wasn’t easy. You fought many wars and we know that you’ve fought good. But some battles are just too hard, some battles you simply can’t win. It is time for rest, there is a lot of hard things behind but there are still many moments you can live. Where you can live, where you can learn.
The The most important thing is learning to forgive and to let go – lots of veterans are carrying very deep emotional scars, deeper than any scars from battle. Veterans fought for our freedom valiantly and the life they had chosen carries a lot of emotional scars and burdens. Being a veteran could be very challenging but Moments Hospice is here to help veterans, to treat them with dignity, to meet their spiritual needs and respect their wishes for their last days. No one deserves to die alone and without anyone to cherish a memory.
What Type of diseases we can find among Veterans?
Military life could be very much demanding – years of military service sooner or later start taking their toll. There are various diseases that could only be found among veterans. Nature of these diseases can be linked to traumas, PTSD or exposure to toxic chemicals. These conditions are pretty much extreme and they left a mark that could never be erased. Some of the health conditions Veterans are facing:
- Presumptive diseases – diseases caused by exposing to toxic chemicals like Agent Orange. This includes an entire array of various diseases including different types of cancer, Parkinson’s disease.
- Various brain injuries caused by explosive devices on the battlefield, mines, grenades etc.
- Severe pains in back and joints
- Depression and suicidal tendencies – most of the veterans are suffering from serious depression that easily could lead to suicide.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder – they feel like they are relieving the same event again, stuck in the never-ending loop.
- Feeling of isolation, general disappointment with life and fear of what comes next.
As you can see it is very hard battling the same battles all over again, feeling the same pain every day and living painful moments over and over again.You deserved to live the rest of your life free, without any pain and without any guilt. Moments hospice could offer you not just relief from physical pain – we can make your emotional burden disappear. To let you breathe and live a full life, just this once – you deserved it!
Moments Hospice can provide you with :
- Pain management – with our medications all pain will go away, leaving you a chance to live and enjoy life. Our team of nurses will follow your every step and meet all your needs, in a homely environment.
- Much needed emotional support for all your spiritual needs. We know that your life wasn’t an easy one. We know that sometimes you are angry at life because you didn’t know it would be like this. You’ve maybe lost your faith in humanity, in God and in the good of men. Moments Hospice team is here to learn you to let go. That you deserve more and there is more to this life. You can always talk to our Chaplain and he will meet you to the local religious community.
- A psychologist can help you with anxiety and panic attacks – brain traumas, severe depression and PTSD can lead to frequent panic attacks and anxiety. Explore your inner being with a help of professional and learn to live even with most painful memories.
- Volunteers are here to listen to all your stories, to help you collect all your memories – good ones and those painful ones. But in the end, good ones are the ones that stay beside you.
- Education for caregivers – having a veteran in your family is a kind of privilege. You should be proud to them till the end and treat them with respect and dignity. We are here to provide you with knowledge how to take care of your loved one.
We are ready when you are… to help you and respect your sacrifice. Your life is important to us and we are ready to meet your emotional, physical and spiritual needs. No one deserves to die alone and forgotten – we are here to help you leave your legacy and prove that your life is important.